We are so sorry this episode came out so late. Technical difficulties compounded with a busy week of recording, and then a week which saw one Bookwyrm leave for a month abroad and the other busy tending to his child while his wife recovered from surgery. Yikes.
That being said…
In this (much delayed) episode, the Bookwyrms turn a famous bit of classic literature into a magical tattoo, then discuss Travel and Exploration, filling the gaps around the existing 5e travel mechanics (most of which are great!) to create a more holistic experience. At the close, Mike breaks out a new character for everyone–a paladin with a very unusual take on their oaths.
In this episode we talk about:
- Stars Without Number, by Sine Nomine
- Torchbearer, by Burning Wheel
- Rogue Trader, by Games Workshop and Fantasy Flight Games
- Ryuutama, by Kotoshi
- Mouseguard, by David Petersen
- The Perilous Wilds, by Lampblack and Brimstone
- (A supplement to Dungeon World by Sage Kobold)
The Workshop Item: Wilde’s Brand of Consequence Avoidance
The Character Corner: Nash, Oath of the Crown Paladin